The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is pleased to announce two positions in Islamabad and one in Peshawar for a period of three months starting from 02 September 2019.
These internships allow for a general understanding of the ICRC, its mandate and activities in Pakistan; and provide an opportunity for students to gain exposure to a real work environment of the ICRC.
The interns will be attached with Communications department of the ICRC. During the internship they will be engaged in number of tasks including research, organizational and administrative support, translation and other assignments related to various activities of the ICRC delegation in Pakistan.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following, mandatory requirements:
· Student should be enrolled in the final year of undergraduate or Post Graduate Degree in the field of media and journalism, communications, public relations and other disciplines of social sciences, in a recognised University/College, based in Pakistan.
· Graduates who had finished their studies in one of the above-mentioned disciplines not later than a year from the date of commencement of the internship.
· A good command of spoken and written English and Urdu.
· Available for minimum 3 months or more.
Important: For enrolled students, the applicant must provide in writing a permission of the full time availability for the internship period from the head of the department, in case the applicant is selected.
Applications that do not fulfil the above conditions will not be considered.
Successful candidates will also meet the following criteria:
· A manifest interest for humanitarian action/issues and the ICRC.
· Ability to think strategically, to express ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, and to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Capacity for research and analytical writing.
· Capacity for thinking out-of-the-box and for generating ideas and initiatives.
· Flexibility and ability to assist with a variety of tasks.
Recruited interns will be offered a 3-month paid contract with monthly stipend of PKR 15,000/-. The positions are based at ICRC office in Islamabad.
Please note that ICRC will not provide any kind of boarding and lodging facility.
How to apply
Each application should consists of the following three documents:
1. Letter of recommendation from Dean/Head of Department;
2. A personal statement by the student, maximum 400 words, on his/her motivation for an internship at the ICRC; and
3. Curriculum Vitae.
Do not send any documents other than the three listed above. Late or incomplete applications that do not meet the stated requirements, will not be considered.
Owing to the high number of applications, NO information relating to the selection process or responses to personal queries can be provided.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The last date of application is Friday, 16 August 2019.